My former Journalism teacher shaved when we got our school papers out. My best friend, Katja, got diving lessons after we graduated. High school batchmate Johann changed how his name was pronounced when he got a new job. People get giddy when they get to certain turning points in their lives and do drastic things to mark these events.
Today is a Tuesday that needs to be marked. And I choose to create.
I'm soft-launching this blog after some digital footprint cleanup drive. In short, I am blackmailing myself to write more proper pieces (like >120 characters, if you know what I mean).
I'm also attempting a very amateur AVP for our Japanese boss' send-off event, featuring this happy placard:
I imagined this with Keane's Everybody's Changing from lightbulb moment on. Storyboard, check. Pre-prod meeting schedule, check. Camera sucks, but check. Video editing software, check. Skills to use it, no check. :( But OK, willingness to learn, CHECK!
In the meantime, I shall continue to stalk my good, good friends through their blogs. They are actually my inspiration to create. They are empowered women:
Rosee_bikebar
alwaysthewinna
PaperAviator
(This isn't blackmail. But I trust you girls can change the world.)
***
"What is so special about Tuesdays?" asked Mark (@butikinglaot) when I bugged him to brainstorm with me on the title. My cyberbug sister (@iamjhoysi) asked the same question.
I smiled. Basta.
Today I learned:
1) that some people trust my abilities more than I do;
2) the tipping point in an organization can really rock the house;
3) that one can never know the battle he has not fought;
4) that one can choose to be beautifully broken; and
5) that it's time to take a bow.

Nice kick-off. Congratulations! Looking forward with your post.
ReplyDeletexOxO
-your lil sister